People at Canadian school function become sick after cake spiked with THC
Families at a school function in Cape Breton, N.S., got more than they bargained for when they ate a molasses cake spiked with THC last Friday.
THC — a psychoactive chemical compound — is one of the main components of cannabis.
According to RCMP, parents and children at a school on the Eskasoni First Nation became ill after unwittingly eating the laced cake at the school's midwinter feast.
The Eskasoni School Board posted on Facebook to warn parents of the incident.
The board urged parents to "destroy" any food from the event and promised to help individuals that needed assistance.
Reactions to the story have been divided.
Some Canadians think that the whole situation is pretty hilarious.
Hahahahhahahaha I'm like the only one who thinks the edibles at eskasoni is hilarious 😂😂 its harmless the kids will live lol— soraya🎃👻 (@soraya_macd) February 2, 2020
And one man even made a joke about having the munchies.
I bet the teachers had the munchies after school that day. Molasses cake with THC served to children, staff at Eskasoni school. https://t.co/HNEtnaBx1u— Eric McIntyre (@ericsk8ski) February 2, 2020
But other Canadians are taking the matter more seriously.
Most importantly, I'm glad the people are all reporting in as okay...so far, at least.— 🍁MomAthena❄ (@momathena) February 2, 2020
I can only imagine the mix of feelings in the community.
I do want to say that the note from the Eskasoni School Board was excellent.
And one man even suggested calling an ambulance after hearing about the incident.
I was almost asleep but now I'm up because I heard that in eskasoni a teacher gave all the kids and workers hash brownies— Dexperdual ❁ (@ExpertDual) February 2, 2020
911 ambulance poor kids
No word yet on how the molasses cake became laced with THC, but RCMP are investigating.
Join the conversation Load comments