travellers canada

More than 250K travellers entered Canada last week

More than a quarter of a million travellers entered Canada last week by land or air, according to the latest statistics released from the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA).

The CBSA says that 185,866 people came into the country in land border crossings between Aug. 24 and 30.

Approximately 65,285 people also arrived in Canada by air last week.

While those numbers might seem huge, CBSA says that air travel is actually down by 93 per cent compared to this time last year.

Similarly, land border crossings have dropped by 88 per cent compared to the same time period in 2019.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents made up more than half of travellers that entered the country by air last week (60 per cent), while the other 40 per cent were foreign nationals.

The CBSA continues to remind all travellers entering Canada to quarantine for two weeks, regardless of symptoms.

"All persons entering Canada must isolate themselves for 14 days if they have symptoms of or confirmed COVID-19 or quarantine themselves for 14 days if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19," the agency noted.

Lead photo by

Ethan McArthur

Latest Videos

Join the conversation Load comments

Latest in News

Someone just spotted one of the weirdest looking fish washed up in Canada

Bear in Calgary caught eating Halloween pumpkins while residents were sleeping

Vancouver woman shoved out of bus after spitting on a fellow passenger

Air Canada and WestJet bicker over plans to refund airline tickets

Poppy donation boxes in Canada will soon take credit cards

COVID internment camps in Canada don't exist despite what you might have heard

Canada won't be having a snap election this fall

Someone is setting fire to toilet paper at Walmart stores in Canada